The Oregon Center for Environmental Health is offering a day of interactive education, awareness, and action about lead on December 3, from 9am until 8pm. The Lead-Free Family fair will feature:
- free lead screening of household toys and dishware (limit four items per household)
- a viewing of the HealthyToys.org database of safe toys
- free blood lead testing for pregnant and nursing mothers and kids under age 6 (offered from 4 pm to 6 pm only) from Josiah Hill Clinic
- non-toxic toys, baby gear, and household items for sale
- information about lead services from local agencies
- Information about upcoming legislation in Oregon to make children’s toys safer!
Open and free to everyone. Adults and children invited to participate.